Are you an anthropologist and a web designer? Well I have a job for you!
I am going back to school and quitting my job. That means that my position as digital designer at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is up for grabs! It is a great position at an institution that encourages using those anthropological skills to inform design and management of the online student experience.
I have truly enjoyed my job at Rowan-Cabarrus and I am only leaving to fulfill my PhD dreams. 🙂 Rowan-Cabarrus, in addition to being a great place to combine anthropology and design, has been a great place to get involved. While here, I have founded a statewide organization for digital designers, taught college level courses, and have gotten to work with all levels of the college across five campuses. Rowan-Cabarrus is a also a great place to really get involved with the community through the college’s many outreach and educational programs.
Sound good? Go see the full job posting and apply online!
The Digital Designer position is an entry-level position for a Knowledge Professional focusing in the functional areas of Web Design and Development as needed by the Information Technology Services Department in delivering service and support to clients. Under general supervision, designs and modifies web designs and interfaces. Performs entry level analysis and design of programs. Prepares user and application documentation for the use of new and revised websites, including operational documentation.
Required Education/Experience Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, design or social science field.
- At least two years’ experience in web design and development.
- Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required abilities to perform the job as outlined.
- HTML & CSS Design
- PHP & MySQL Development
- Qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new skills from tutorials and documentation
- Ability to be highly creative under frequent deadlines
- WordPress development and administration experience
- Experience implementing or developing a brand or graphic identity
- Proficiency with Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Teaching or instructional experience
- Familiarity with federal, state and local requirements and laws that impact higher education websites. (e.g. FERPA, Clery Act, and Section 508)
- Strong knowledge of design, development and accessibility standards
- Experience with the front-end of Sharepoint